About Asbex Ltd.
Founded in 1989, Asbex Ltd. has two divisions, Heritage Grade and Asbex Environmental Contractors. Heritage Grade is one of Canada’s leading heritage restoration companies performing heritage and conservation projects on heritage buildings and monuments throughout Canada. From Parliament Hill in Ottawa to Confederation Hall in PEI, Heritage Grade has restored many of the most iconic and historically significant buildings and monuments in North America. Asbex Environmental Contractors has quickly grown to become the Ottawa region’s leading environmental contractor. Asbex Environmental Contractors’ top-quality services have allowed us to develop a high level of expertise in abatement services in a safe environment for our employees. Having successfully completed over 10,000 projects in the last 22 years, Asbex is committed to excellence.
Why Asbex Ltd.?
You will have the opportunity lead a team working on some of the most challenging and high-profile restoration projects in Canada. You will be in a highly collaborative work environment where we take safety and compliance very seriously, and we invest heavily in advanced training programs for all our employees.
The CEO will set the strategic vision for the profitable growth of the business’s two operating divisions and manage the day-to-day operations of the company by building and modeling a great company culture, providing inspirational leadership to our executive team, establishing a great working relationship with the board of directors, and setting a course for the company strategy.
KEY RESPONSIBLITIES & DUTIES
- Develop and implement the Company’s strategic plan, including measurable goals. and set operational policies.
- Provide inspired inspirational company-wide leadership.
- Oversee the company’s fiscal activity, including budgeting, reporting, and auditing.
- Report to the board of directors quarterly.
- Act as the primary spokesperson for the company.
- Work with the senior executive team to determine and promote values and mission, and plan for short and long-term goals.
- Work closely with the Human Resources manager to recruit new staff and retain existing staff members.
- Create an environment that promotes great performance and positive morale.
- Assure all legal and regulatory documents are filed and monitor compliance with laws and regulations.
- Identify and address problems and opportunities for the company.
- Build alliances and partnerships with other organizations.
- Oversee the day-to-day operation of the company.
- Bachelor’s degree or master’s degree in a relevant discipline or MBA or relevant equivalent industry experience.
Other Experience or Training:
- Five years of experience in a senior management position.
- Knowledge of profit and loss, balance sheet and cash flow management, and construction finance and budgeting.
- Strong computer literacy, proficiency with Microsoft Office (Excel & Word) or Google G Suite.
Other Minimum Qualifications:
- Strong communication skills, written and verbal, in English are mandatory.
- Communication skills in French, written and verbal, are highly desirable.
- Demonstrated ability to set budgets and performance goals and execute business plans profitably.
- Decisiveness with imperfect, partial information in a competitive bid environment.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to lead and work in a collaborative environment.
- Demonstrated ability to build consensus and relationships among executives, partners, and the workforce.
- Demonstrated understanding and appreciation of the importance of human resources management concepts.
- Experience with corporate governance.
- Understands and respects Health and Safety at the workplace.
- Proven negotiation skills.
- Ability to inspire confidence and create trust.
- Ability to work under pressure, plan personal workload effectively, and delegate.
- Occasional travel within Canada may be required.
- Must be able to obtain a PWGSC Level II security clearance, which includes passing a criminal record check.
If you have the passion, skills and experience that Asbex is seeking, we invite you to apply online. Asbex Ltd., is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes all qualified candidates.
Note: Criminal checks will be required of the successful candidate prior to hiring and is an ongoing requirement for Security Clearances.
Asbex is committed to supporting a diverse workforce and providing accommodations for applicants with disabilities during all parts of the hiring process, upon request. If contacted, please advise us if you require any accommodation.
Thank you to all applicants in advance. We will be in contact only with those selected for an interview.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- Paid time off
- RRSP match
- Vision care
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
All employees are required to wear a mask.
- How would you describe your oral and written English language skills?
- How would you describe your oral and written French language skills?
- Are you eligible to obtain a PWGSC Level II security clearance, which includes passing a criminal record check?
- Do you require sponsorship to work in Canada?
- What are your salary and compensation expectations?
- What do you consider to be your greatest and most relevant professional accomplishment to date?
Application deadline: 2022-04-20